Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Pearl behind Mini Pearls

Okay... I have to come clean. Mini Pearls is actually a tribute to a nickname my mom used to (still does) call me -- Minnie Pearl, then just Pearl. Now you may think Pearl is a bizarre nickname for Melanie, but it's actually one of the better ones. Some of the precursors were Bernard, Bernadette, Melissa (?). I know there were others, but I can't remember anymore. Maybe someone can comment with more (Mom?). And don't think I was the only one to grow up with crazy nicknames -- you should talk to my brothers... or my children, Caller-ID, Tatertot, Logs and Setherball. And here's a little-known fact: there are similar nicknames for all of Sherry's grandchildren... go ahead, ask Sherry your child's nickname, if you don't know it already. :)

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Mel!!! You blog! Woo hoo! Ok, I'm totally dying to know Caden and Austin's nicknames....I really don't think she has any for them though. I'll have to ask!

erin said...

Yay! Cute picture of the boys in the bathtub! ... and, I didn't know that everyone has a nickname either... what's lukes? Davey calls him large. maybe that's it. haha

Kristen said...

Hey Mel! Ok, so I know Lily's is Lillifords, but I am not sure what Gunnar's is but I hope it is not Goon-R like how "it is really pronounced"...welcome, welcome.